Compassion

I support Compassion's Christian child charity. You can too. Sponsor a child today.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chainsaw Jesus

So today I was confused by my 2 year old's pronunciation of a word... is it "Jesus" or "Chainsaw"? We talk about Jesus and read bible stories, and my son thinks Daddy's chainsaw is just the coolest.
I know he's used both words in his new, ever-expanding vocabulary, I just sometimes get the two confused. I'm not crazy-- but I am the mom who's supposed to be able to interpret toddler-language.
So, in the car today with Grant and Allison, I decided that maybe the two could go together. "Maybe Jesus needed a chainsaw... then he could have cut down that cross they put him on..." (I know... it's a strech...)
And my sweet 4-year old's response: "No, Mom! If He cut down His cross, we would still have all our sin!!!"
What an insightful little one, huh? It made me thankful that Jesus didn't have a chainsaw.

No comments: