Compassion

I support Compassion's Christian child charity. You can too. Sponsor a child today.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Today is my dad's birthday. Two days after my birthday, and two days before valentines day.

Dad's 24th birthday party was interrupted by my Mom's need to head to the hospital to have me. For more than 30 years beyond that birthday party, he's shared his birthday celebrations with his oldest daughter. I've always loved having a birthday so close to my dad's.

And I love having Valentines day so close to today too. I am so thankful for how much my dad loves me and the rest of our family. We're so very lucky to have him! Watching him with my kids is the very best. His love for his grandchildren overflows... you can just watch it bubbling out of his heart. He adores them.

Happy Birthday, Dad. I love you!

1 comment:

Suzanne Holling said...

He deserves the award for best dad EVER!