Compassion

I support Compassion's Christian child charity. You can too. Sponsor a child today.

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Men At Work

We had road construction on our street this summer. It started on April 11 when the crumbling pavement heaved and showed signs of a broken pipe. We called the city and they posted 4 construction cones around the area.



As we found out, they were in no hurry to get the work done. But because my son was fully entertained by any construction activity on our street, I didn't complain. Street workers were my son's source of summer "fun".



We took photos as events progressed, and Grant loved every minute of it. The last of the equipment and construction workers left our street on October 20... more than 6 months from when they started. :)

The day the road was completed, the kids celebrated by riding their bikes and scooters on the smooth pavement. I was just happy to drive on an unobstructed street-- and was thankful for the hours of time my son enjoyed watching.

No comments: