Compassion

I support Compassion's Christian child charity. You can too. Sponsor a child today.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

E is for...

Eternal. I feel like there's eternally something else to be done! The crucial part is choosing to do what is actually important in respect to eternity, right?



Me: Angela. Mom. Wife. Friend. Life Artist (blogging, scrapbooking, photography). In a nutshell.

What a great year! I've been a stay-at-home mom this again this year, but have taken various paid projects in freelance graphic design work for The Sugar Bowl Custom Creamery, The Center for Fraternity and Sorority Life, and the Interfraternity Council. They were fun projects to do-- I learned a lot. And I also learned that working from home is really not what I want to do on a regular basis!

I've also been leading a mom's group at church and have been so blessed and challenged by my friends there and my spiritual growth. We've read the book "A Mother's Heart" this fall and it has reassured me that I'm doing the right thing for our family by staying home with my kids (for now). I'm so lucky to have that opportunity!

2008 highlights for me: the massive amounts of snow we got last winter was so fun (but got old by June); marriage conference with my hubby in February; sharing in trips with my family to Steptoe Butte, the Woodland Park Zoo, Mt. View Farm Centennial, and to Lynden; my baby niece Mya being born; harvest with my family; earning a spot on the Design Team at Paper Pals (our local scrapbooking store); and attending the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention in Seattle in November. Check out my slide show that visually shares these experiences with you! I also love the traditions of the holiday season, and have included a video here of one our our family's favorite traditions. What holiday traditions do you have?

I'm learning to love my kids and my husband more every day. I can't wait to see what unfolds in the year ahead!



1 comment:

Kristi Wildung said...

I had the pleasure of linking over to this blog today, and WOW, it was delicious. Your slide show was amazing and I love the photo you took of the baby I'm assuming is your niece. And p.s. thanks for your support during this ordeal of mine; I so love this scrapbooking community of ours.