Compassion

I support Compassion's Christian child charity. You can too. Sponsor a child today.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Skype-- LOVE it!

Have you ever used Skype?

If you haven't, you gotta look into it! As a kid who watched "The Jetsons" after school, I dreamed of the day in the 21st century when we'd be talking on the phone and SEEING the person on the other end at the same time... and now my childhood dream has come true! And it's FREE!

You can use Skype to make "phone calls" for free to anyone in the world using an internet connection and a microphone. And if you have webcams (or like me you download a DV driver to use your digital video camera instead of purchasing yet another technology item), you can see the people you're talking to!

Our family was motivated to try this w/ my brother and sister in law who are in Saipan for the year. We talked to them for the first time this last weekend and it was just like they were there with us! I even snapped a photo of them while we chatted. :)

We'll have fun with this all year sharing our crafts and school projects, piano recitals and dance performances from my kids to their Aunt and Uncle who are so far away!

No comments: