Compassion

I support Compassion's Christian child charity. You can too. Sponsor a child today.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Anyone Recognize this Boy???


I don't. Well, at least not in this state of being... peaceful, quiet, still...


His face is familiar-- he's often identified as a "mini-me" of his daddy. Also resembles me a bit... mostly at times like this when he's peaceful, quiet and still... (heh, heh, heh)
19 months old is a BUSY age. And he's a boy. Those of you who have experienced this know. (Or, if you're my friend Becky you know 3 identical times over!!! How DO you do it????) And those who haven't experienced it, but may someday... fair warning! You laugh a lot, but get exasperated a lot too. Just in the last 24 hours, Grant has:
  • pulled a full coffee cup from the counter onto the carpet and his shoes
  • explored the science of floating objects in the toilet (from pinecones to plastic food)
  • pushed his toy lawnmower across the street (unsupervised)
  • applied chapstick to his forehead and partially eaten the remaining portion
  • turned living room furniture upside down and arranged on a different side of the room
  • driven his hot wheels bike through three rooms of the house (including navigating stairs) and crash landed in the living room
  • dumped sand over his and his sisters' heads
  • while naked preparing for the bath (after the sand incident) I heard his sister yell "Who pooped on the carpet?!?"
  • precariously tipped a framed photo on the wall
  • dumped a bowl of mandarin oranges on the floor and fingerpainted with the juice
  • pushed his lawnmower across the street (unsupervised) AGAIN
  • thrown laundry over the banister
  • turned all electric viewing devices on.. and off... and on... and off... then on again

You get the gist. And I'm not complaining--I love being a mom. I never know what's coming next! I don't recognize him sleeping because when he's asleep, SO AM I!!! I crash... as hard as he does.

I did find a video that more accurately depicts my son's personality:

After my restful night (he sleeps WELL), I awoke this morning to my 4 year old Allison yelling... "MAAAAWMMMM!!! Grant is in TRUUUUBULLLL!" In my half asleep state I have enough sanity to know the potential disaster behind the situation... "What is it, Allison?" I frantically reply.

She shakes her head..."This time it's REALLY bad."

Good morning, mom..... and we're off!!!



2 comments:

Amy said...

Gotta love those active boys!! Believe me it gets better...they are still very active and dirty, but it's more controlled and a lot more fun!!

Becky said...

Love it! The Tazmanian Devil pretty much sums it up (x3) They are great and they are even better when they are sleeping. I loved your comment on the bottom too about Allison...oh, so familiar.